Revelation 2:1-7 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
- When your delight in the Lord is no longer as great as your delight in someone else.
Mark 12:30 "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart…"
- When your soul does not long for times of rich fellowship in God's word or in prayer.
Mark 12:30 "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy …soul…"
- When your thoughts during leisure moments do not reflect upon the Lord.
Mark 12:30 "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy …mind…"
Psalms 10:4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
- When you claim to be "only human" and give in to those things that displease the Lord.
Mark 12:30 "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy …strength…"
- When you don't willingly and cheerfully give to the work of God or to the needs of others.
1 John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
- When you stop treating your Christian brothers and sisters as you would treat Jesus.
Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
- When you view the commands of Jesus as restrictions to your happiness rather than expressions of His love.
John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
- When you inwardly strive for the acclaim of this world rather than the approval of the Lord.
1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
- When you fail to make Christ and His words known because of fear.
Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
- When you refuse to give up an activity which you know is offending a weaker brother.
Romans 14:13, 15 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
- When you become complacent to sinful conditions around you.
Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
- When you are unable to forgive and forget another for offending you.
1 John 4:20-21 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
Also in PDF format.