In August of 2003 the Episcopal Church made church history by ordaining as a Bishop a practicing, openly confessed homosexual man. FOX News interviewed two leaders of the Episcopal Church, who were greatly in favor of the action. During the interview they were asked, "What do you believe about the Bible's teachings on the subject of homosexuality?" The response was that "Jesus never said anything about homosexuality." Therefore, the inference was that since Jesus was silent about the subject, homosexuality must not be on the "list" of sins that we are to avoid. The interviewer being Biblically illiterate, as are most reporters, bypassed the statement and went on to ask some other inane questions. Since no one seems willing to answer the question, I thought that I would through the means of this tract.
Over the last few years Episcopalians, when questioned about the validity of ordaining an openly practicing homosexual (Sodomite in God's terminology), defend Robinson with the idea that we need to be tolerant and respectful of others opinions and practices. These are the same folks who are intolerant and totally disrespectful of our beliefs. In April 1996, Scott Southworth was virtually shouted down by a mob of sodomites chanting various epithets against his attempt to articulate his Biblical beliefs that sodomy is wrong and eventually the church service was invaded by hooligans shouting such 'tolerant' things such as, "2-4-6-8, we don't want your Christian hate." In many other incidents Christians have had their lives threatened, and churches have had their property destroyed by hate mongering sodomites. It is quite clear that tolerance and respect are not part of their stand against those who would uphold Biblical standards of morality.
However, the reason for this tract is to examine what Jesus Christ had to say about the subject of homosexuality. In order to properly do this we must first of all examine who is Jesus Christ. The only historical record to be trusted about the Lord Jesus is the Bible. Man's opinions about Him change from year to year. So in order to properly examine this subject we must turn to the Holy Bible. What does the absolutely perfect, totally trustworthy Bible say about Jesus Christ?
- John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
- 1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
To summarize these three Scriptures that are totally compatible with the rest of the Bible, we see that the Word was God was in the beginning with God, and that Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. The Word is one with God so that God the Word and God the Son are the same. Jesus Christ Himself declared by His words and His works that He was "God manifest in the flesh."
- John 10:30 my Father and I are one.
- John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
- Mark 4:41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?
- Revelation 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
So by His words and by His works He testified that He was God manifest in the flesh.
1Timothy 3:16 - "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." If your Bible doesn't read like that get a real Bible - the KJV.
The testimony of His disciples and other believers over the centuries, even unto death, has always been that Jesus Christ the Lord was and ever shall be God manifest in the flesh. Not only do His words and works declare that He is God, His attributes testify that He is God. Only God has these attributes:
- Immutable (unchanging),
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
- Omniscience (All knowledge),
John 2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
- Omnipotence (All power),
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
- Omnipresence (Everywhere present),
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
In view of the incontrovertible facts that Jesus Christ possesses these five divine attributes of God, He is God, and since God does not change, anything that God has said is what Jesus has said. Therefore, whatever God has said about sodomy and other unnatural sexual relations between a man and a man or between a woman and a woman, Jesus has said the same thing. Ergo, Episcopal Bishop Robinson is not only a sodomite; he is grossly in error when he says that Jesus Christ is silent on the subject of sodomy. God the Son, God the Father and God the Holy Spirit has (note the singular verb) much to say on this subject.
- Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
- Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
- 1Kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
- Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
- Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
- 1Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
- Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
It is quite apparent that the Godhead, God, the Holy Spirit and Jesus had much to say about the sin of homosexuality. Therefore, anyone who is practicing such a sin is not following the tenants of the Bible, or the teachings of Jesus Christ the Lord. Episcopal Bishop Robinson is not qualified to be a leader of a church, nor should he be looked upon as someone who has any qualifications to expound the Scriptures. He is living in sin, and Jesus Christ soundly rebukes religious leaders who dare to openly repudiate the Scriptures and live in sin.
- John 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
- John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
Bishop Robison's only hope, as is the only hope of any sodomite, is to repent of his sins, trust Jesus Christ as Saviour and be born again. That is the only hope of all of us. Have you been born again? If not, trust Jesus Christ today before it is too late.
John 5: 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Webmaster's note: Jesus died that all may be saved including homosexuals, God hates sin but loves sinners. Please understand every true Christian desires that every unsaved person avail themselves of the gift of eternal life.
1482 N. Ramah Dr.
Pueblo West, CO 81007